If you have a Windows operating system, do the following to install the 123.hp.com/setup 5740 printer driver.
- Open the folder comprising the downloaded driver. Usually, the downloaded files are saved in the Downloads folder.
- Before installing the driver, make sure the printer is connected to the system and is properly wired.
- Right-click on the file and click the Run as administrator option.
- The HP Officejet 5740 driver installation window opens.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- If the application fails to install the HP Officejet 5740 driver, you need to install the driver manually.
- From the control panel of your Windows, select to Add Devices and Printers option.
- Select your 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer, choose Update driver, and make sure the internet connection is stable.
- Updating the driver will successfully install the latest printer driver.