HP Envy 6220 Printer Unboxing & Setting Up
Setting up the 123.hp.com/envy6220 printer is user-friendly as customers can set them on their own with some guidance.
- Unwrap the 123 HP Envy 6220 printer from the box.
- Make sure all the components that accompanied your printer are present without any damages.
- The supplements may include a power cord, ink cartridges, an installation CD, and the user manual.
- Remove the seal, tape, and paper from the operation panel, platen glass, input tray, and the body of the 123.hp.com/envy6220 printer.
Ensuring Power Supply and Setting Preferences
- Look at the back of the printer and locate the power port to insert the power cord into it.
- The power cord’s other end should be inserted into the electrical outlet.
- The printer will turn on once the switch is on and the power button on the 123.hp.com/envy6220 printer is pressed.
- The printer performs the initialization process. Do not disturb the machine until it remains idle.
- The operation panel will light up indicating that it is ready to use.
- Set the preferred language, country/region and apply them by selecting Yes.
- Before you begin to install the ink cartridges, make sure you do not use any third party cartridges as they are not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Use the cartridge that accompanies your 123.hp.com/envy6220 printer.
- When you raise the ink cartridge access door, you will see the carriage moving back to its replacement position.
- Wait until it settles, and then remove the cartridge from its pack.
- Hold the cartridge by its sides and avoid touching the copper-colored contacts.
- The plastic tape which is orange in color has to be removed.
- Slowly insert the ink cartridge into the slot at an upward angle.
- Exert a small amount of force to push the cartridge in until it snaps into place.
- Install the other ink cartridges with the same process.
- Make sure that the black and color ink cartridges are placed in the right and left slots respectively.
- Place the ink cartridge access door back into position.
Loading Paper In The Main Input Tray
- The input tray for the 123.hp.com/envy6220 is present at the bottom of the unit. Extend them.
- When you drag the input tray out, the photo tray and the output tray comes along with it.
- Remove the output tray and push the photo tray back into the device.
- You will find two paper guides attached to each other, widen them as far as possible.
- Align the paper stack by tapping it on a flat surface and load them in a portrait orientation with the print side facing downwards.
- The inner edge of the paper should touch the rear of the unit.
- Now adjust the guides according to the size of the paper. Make sure they are secured firmly.
- Place the output tray back into its place followed by pushing the input tray inwards.
- The printer will now print a Calibration page, which you need to scan to align the printhead.
- To start printing, you need to install the 123.hp.com/envy6220 printer software; its procedure is also discussed in this guide.